Cone Dribble Defend and Go
This dribble drill works both right-hand and left-hand skills.
• Place cones or any safe object similar to the pic below.
• Start at the X picturing the cones as defenders.
• Dribble to the first cone with your right hand when close protect the ball with your body.
• Retreat 1 dribble back, cross over to your left hand and dribble to the top of the key cone with your left hand using your body to keep the defender from the ball
• Retreat 1 dribble back, cross over to your right hand and dribble to the far cone and once there protect the ball with your body.
• Start at the Y and continue doing the reverse.
• If you have a hoop, use the above drill to the first cone and then explode to the basket for a lay-up. Then try 2 cones and a lay-up.
• You can also “snake the cones alternating hands and then jump stop shot near the basket.
• You can make up your own drill as well.
Left above image
Right above image
• Fingertips and Form, keep bent in stance, use pivot footwork.
• Keep dribble waist high, pick up speed and keep control.
• Keep your eyes up, try not to look down. Don’t worry if you make a mistake. That’s how your brain learns.
• Have fun!!